First Presbyterian Church of Elk Rapids has a new vision!
Vision 2020 defines our priorities for the next several years.
- Increase the number of lay leaders in the Congregation by empowering more members to use their skills for the work of our Church. Leadership Responsibility: Session
- Build initiatives to encourage parents in our Church family to actively support the Christian education of our children and youth. Leadership Responsibility: Pastoral staff, Christian Education, and Youth
- Continue to increase the Church’s Christian nourishment programs by encouraging more members to identify and use their spiritual gifts for the work of our Church. Leadership Responsibility: Pastoral staff and Nurture
- Develop a plan for the orderly growth of local, national, and international missions. Leadership Responsibility: Mission Outreach
- Encourage and support the development of initiatives to address community problems, especially those affecting the youth and the elderly. Leadership Responsibility: Pastoral staff, Christian Ed, Youth, Mission Outreach, and Nurture
- Actively encourage the unchurched in our area by welcoming them into a discovery of what a relationship with Jesus Christ can mean in their lives. Leadership Responsibility: NEED TO FORM A SPIRITUAL OUTREACH MINISTRY TEAM
- Complete the implementation of the long-range building plan, including additional space for Christian Education and the Fellowship Hall. Leadership Responsibility: Session and Building Committee
- Address the growing interest in contemporary worship and the fresh opportunities for worship services, while respecting the preference of the majority for traditional services. Leadership Responsibility: Pastoral staff and Worship
- Actively enhance communication between the Church leadership and the Congregation and between the Church and the community. Leadership Responsibility: Pastoral staff, Communications, and Fellowship